Old and traditional marketing technique is now old school stuff, If you want to stay ahead in the market then you need to adopt new marketing techniques, Content marketing is one among that.
You are good at talking and communication, you can write it and publish it online, whether it could be a book or a blog or any article. As we reach the end of the year, there are two things we can say for certain for 2020:
- Content marketing will become even more important then Previous year
- Content creation and distribution will change radically.
Before Writing any content you can use Sites like Semrush to Study your competitor traffic and top-ranking pages. You can look for organic keywords and their volume, Domain rating and page rating. there are tons of feature available there to look after.
Planning Content Marketing Strategy :
Before writing anything you should plan first. There are different tools available online to Do this, Some of them are below. But below tool will just help you in planning, Rest is your job.
- Calmly Writer.
- HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator.
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzer.
- Power Thesaurus.
- Hemingway App.
- Word Counter.
- Cliché Finder.
1. Identifying your goals
Identify what is your aim for developing content. Ask yourself why are you creating it? For whom is it? What benefits it will give your audience. What extra information you are giving, Research your competitor on Semrush and Buzzsumo. If you will write same or tweaked content for your audience then you are not adding any value to the market.
My preference is that you should target a Niche market only, for example, if you are writing about mother care then you should not add content related to tech and other niches. Even studies say that user prefers to go to a niche website or blog to take the information.
2. Research :
Research is very important here after you have selected the niche you want to write about then you need to look after what is latest in the market or What big bloggers are doing. For those different tools comes in a place like Semrushor Buzzsumo . See One below Example of Content Marketing topic Search On Buzzsumo
Above Example show the top articles on the internet with topic SEO Trends in 2020. Now you can go and read the article which is on Top and Make better and more valuable content. If you want to Do more depth Study then you need Semrush as well. Below is one example of a result on Semrush.
3. Keyword Search: Now after you did your research On Competitor. Next Step is to Research on Keywords, for Keyword research there are several tools like
Ubersuggest ( Free tool )
Semrush ( For Detail Report )
Ahrefs ( Paid Tool )
Although Your Article could rank for several keywords But You Should Focus Only one Keyword per article. Sometimes I need to write several articles for one keyword to get my article on the first page of google. While choosing the Keyword my suggestion is that first try to rank for long-tail keywords Instead of Short tail keywords. For Example, It will be difficult for me to rank for “SEO” as the volume is very high but despite it is easy to rank for the keyword “Best SEO Tips For 2020”
Ranking Your article on the first page is not easy, you can grow slowly but once you reach there, the result is tremendous.
4. Brainstorming Picking the Best Idea:
Brainstorming is one of the most powerful creative techniques ever devised. When used properly, With It You will be more Creative and Can Produce Better than any other process. It’s based on the concept that two heads (or three, or four, or more) are better than one.
Review the Topics and Requirements of the Audience. Just Go to your Friends and Colleagues and discuss the topic with them and take their suggestions. The more you discuss before you start writing then better the result will be.
Establish ground rules for the above discussion.
- Whenever you discuss the Idea with your friends or colleague ” A New Idea Can Come To Table “
- No one may criticize or evaluate any idea. Alex F. Osborn in Applied Imagination said it best: “Think up or shut up.”
- Make a rule that No one will hold up a new idea which comes in there mind, Just say it loud.
- The group will encourage wild, out-of-the-box thinking.
- here your gold is to bring out quantity instead of quality, after hearing everyone though you can evaluate quality.
- Once an idea is developed, then Implement it in writing.
Consider making use of some online tools like
6. Implement the Idea In Writing.
Now you have done your homework, it’s time to write it. Try to explain your idea as detailed as possible, For Example
if you are writing about ” How to make a pizza”. One can simply write that take the dough, pour ingredients and put it in the oven for 30 min and pizza is ready but instead of it you can mention
How to make a soft Dough
step by step guide to putting ingredient with specific quantity, what to keep in mind while choosing the right ingredient, what options are for each ingredient,
how to make the best pizza sauce.
What the science behind if you bake it for 30 min instead of 20 or 40.
what I am trying to tell here is that give your audience an added value with your content. if you try to deliver what everyone else is doing then you might lose the chance.
7. Promote your Content.
Now you have written Nice Content, It’s time to promote it. Although there are various ways which i have explained in another article ” How to Promote your Blog Post”. But if I tell in short, Below are some example to promote your blog content.
- Promote via guest blogging.
- promote in social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Promote via social media influencer.
- search dead backlinks related to your keywords and suggest to link it to you.
- promote via email marketing.
- promote in your known circle and ask them favor that if they like it then they can share it.
- JV with other bloggers and influencers, You can promote each other content.
Note : Please note that some of the links in the above article are affiliate links. If you join the above services that will give me some commission , which will not affect the price you are paying to them.